This webgis display the Ice Core and Glaciers Database v.2 (IDB2) and the suitability of ice core drilling.In this application user can select, display and download data.
- ICE CORE
- Two different icons are displayed for Ice cores layer:
- Blue Icon: Ice core without characterization archived. Ice core identification data are displayed by a pop-up.
- Red Icon: Ice core with chemical-physical characterization archived. Clicking on this icon a new window is open. In this window user can select the parameter to visualize in the graph below or to download.
- This map represent the suitability of ice core drilling as parametrized by Garzonio et al.
- GLACIER DATA
- Data displayed are the result of the GlacierDataModule a GIS module to retrieve glaciological data starting from DTM, Glacier polygon and FLOW LINES.
- DOWNLOAD DATA
To download the spatial data of the ice cores (both, characterized and not) and the raster map of suitability of perforation, click on the blue arrow at the right of the homepage of this geoportal.